I. Review your Account Statement Notification
How do I review my Account Statement Notification?
Your Account Statement Notification summarises charges for your eBay Motors Pro services which will be included in your next eBay Invoice. Other eBay charges, such as anything listed directly on www.eBay.co.uk with your eBay account during the current billing cycle, are not included here.
To access your Account Statement Notification:
- Sign in to your eBay Motors Pro account.
- Go to Billing tab (next to Settings).
eBay Motors Pro billing cycle
eBay Motors Pro dealers are billed for their eBay Motors Pro fees 1 month in arrears. For example, your fees for vehicles listed in June will be invoiced on your account in July (either around the 15th of the month or the last day of the month depending on when your seller account was created).
II. Review your eBay Invoice
Your monthly invoice summarises your billing activity. The invoice provides details about the amount due as well as any discounts, credits, and fees that were applied to your account during the billing cycle.
How to display an invoice
You can view any invoice from the last 18 months.
To display an invoice:
- Go to My eBay > Account
- In the Invoice box, Select Invoice to be displayed from the drop down menu
- Click Go
What's in your invoice
Your invoice is divided into 3 sections.
Account summary: This section provides an overview of your invoice and summarises any new billing activity since your last invoice, such as new fees, other charges related to your eBay activity or credits and shows your new amount due.
If the total amount due is £1.00 or greater, it will be charged to the automatic payment method you chose for your account. Learn more about automatic payment methods.
Announcements, Notices and Helpful Links: This section contains notices, announcements, and links to account information, fee calculators and explanations, as well as other information related to your selling activity.
Billing details: This section displays the individual payments, refunds, discounts, credits, and new fees that make up the total amount due. If you sell a large number of items and find that this portion of your invoice is too long or detailed, consider switching to a summarised version of your invoice. Learn more about changing your invoice format
Why the amount due can differ from the amount charged
Sometimes, there can be a slight difference between the total amount due on your invoice and the amount that’s charged to you. This can occur because between the time your invoice is calculated and the time the payment is processed we apply any credits to your account that occur, such as payments and item-based credits, but we don’t include any new charges. Those new charges will appear on your next invoice.
If you don’t want to apply your credits to your automatic payment amount, you can change your seller billing preferences in My eBay. With this change, any credits applied to your account after we create an invoice will apply to next month's invoice amount.
To change how we apply credits to your payment:
- Go to My eBay < Account < Site Preferences
- Under General Preferences, locate Seller billing preferences and click the Show link
- Select either Apply only recent payments to automatic payment amount or Apply recent payments and credits to automatic payment amount
- Click Apply
This setting does not affect payments, which will always be deducted from your automatic payment amount.
Why you might see a rounding adjustment
Your account balance can appear to be off by a few pence when compared to a manual calculation of your invoice line items. This is because we round off final value fees, which sometimes contain a fraction of a penny.
What to do if your account balance is past due
If your account balance is past due, you can make a one-time payment to pay your balance in full
If you've set up an automatic payment method and your account balance is past due, you might need to update your automatic payment method
III. Paying your eBay selling fees
eBay Motors Pro fees are charges for listing your vehicles on eBay via eBay Motors Pro and includes any paid features added to your eBay Motors Pro account. eBay selling fees are charges for selling your items on eBay directly, such as insertion fees, final value fees, and fees for optional listing features. Learn more about eBay selling fees
How to pay
You can make a payment or change your payment method at any time in My eBay.
To make a one-time payment:
To view or change your automatic payment method:
- Go to My eBay. You may need to sign in.
- Click the Account tab.
- Under Payment methods for Seller Fees, click the one-time payment link.
- Choose the payment method you'd like to use and follow the instructions to make your payment.
- Go to My eBay. You may need to sign in.
- Click the Account tab.
- Your automatic payment method is shown under Payment methods for Seller Fees. Click the Change the automatic payment method link to make changes.
- Choose the payment method you'd like to add or update, and follow the instructions.
Learn more about making a one-time payment
and updating your monthly automatic payments
eBay offers these 4 methods for you to pay your selling fees:
PayPal (monthly and one-time payments)
- PayPal is a safe, convenient way to automatically pay your eBay fees.
- When you sign up for automatic PayPal payments, your invoice amount will automatically be deducted from your PayPal account within 15-17 days after your receive your invoice.
- You can make a one-time payment via PayPal at any time.
Direct debit (monthly and one-time payments)
- Direct debit is an easy option to make regular payments on your eBay account.
- When you set up direct debit for automatic monthly payments, your invoice amount will be deducted from your bank account within 5-12 days after you receive your invoice.
You'll need to enter your bank account number and sort code, and eBay will automatically send a request to your Bank/Building Society to obtain authority to deduct your monthly invoice amount from your account.
Please allow for 19 days for your bank account information to be approved and established for automatic monthly payments.
- If you've set up direct debit as an automated payment method, you can also use direct debit to make a one-time payment.
- Please note that all direct debit payments that are declined by your Bank are subject to a £5.00 administration fee.
Credit card (monthly and one-time payments)
- You can place your credit card on your eBay account for regular monthly payments. eBay accepts Visa or MasterCard.
- eBay will automatically charge your invoice amount directly to your credit card within 7-10 days after you receive your invoice.
- Even if you have a different automated payment method on file, you can still make a one-time payment using a credit card.
Cheque and postal orders (one-time payments)
- When making a one-time payment by cheque or postal order, you need to include a payment coupon and send your payment to the address on the coupon.
- After they are received, cheque and postal order payments take 7-10 working days to process and post to your account. Please remember that this does not include weekends and holidays.
If you don't have an automatic payment method set up, you won't be able to list items on eBay. This also applies if you've set up a direct debit, but it hasn't yet been authorised by your bank (which may take up to 19 days from when you submit your bank account details).
Your payment due date
eBay will generate an invoice if you have activity on your seller account and/or a balance due of more than £1.00.
You'll need to pay your invoice balance in full each month to keep your account up to date. If you don't keep your account current, your account may be suspended for non-payment and you may be responsible for collection costs.
The payment due date is determined by the date eBay generates your invoice (either the 15th of the month or the last day of the month). For information on payment requirements, late fees, and payment schedules, see your payment processing and due date
Viewing your account activity
You can view all recent activity on your seller account (fees, payments, credits, etc.) and your invoices in My eBay. Please note that eBay Motors Pro fees will not be visible on your account until at least the 6th of the following month.
To see your seller account page:
To see an invoice:
- Go to My eBay. You may need to sign in.
- Place your pointer over the Account tab, and then click the Seller Account link.
- Go to the Seller Account page in My eBay as described above.
- In the Invoices section near the top of the page, select a past invoice from Select Invoice drop down menu.
- Click the Go button.
Get more help with looking at your account activity
and viewing your invoices
IV. Suspended Accounts
There are two reasons why your account may be suspended:
- Non-payment of eBay fees
- A serious violation of one of our rules and policies
Learn why your account was suspended
If your account is suspended, we'll notify you by email and tell you what to do to reinstate your account. You can also find this email by going to My eBay
and clicking the Messages
tab, and then clicking the Ask
If you didn't receive an email about your suspension, contact us
for more information.
Type "my account was suspended" on the Contact us
Watch out for spoof (fake) email warnings about account suspension. You can confirm that an account suspension email was sent from eBay by checking your messages in My eBay. If you can't find the same suspension email you received at your regular email address in your messages in My eBay, it's not from eBay. Learn more about recognising spoof emails or websites
Resolve a suspension due to non-payment
If you didn't pay your seller fees
If you were suspended because you didn't pay your seller fees, you can reinstate your account
by making a one-time payment.
Learn more about making a one-time payment of your seller fees
If you didn't reimburse eBay
If we refunded a buyer on your behalf, and weren't able to receive reimbursement
from you, your account may be suspended.
You'll need to set up a reimbursement payment method
in the Financial Information
section on the Personal Information
page in your account. You may be asked to sign in.
Next, you'll need to make a one-time payment
in order to have your account reinstated.
If your payment info is out-of-date
Sometimes, an account is suspended for non-payment if the payment method you have on file is outdated, or has recently been declined.
To change your automatic payment method:
- Go to My eBay
- Click the Account tab
- In the Payment methods for Seller Fees section, click the Change link in the Automatic payment method section
- Choose a new automatic payment method
Resolve other account access problems
Having other account problems? Here are some common issues, and what you can do to fix them.
||What to do
|My email address is no longer valid.
||Contact us and include your new email address and user ID.
|My account was used without my authorization.
||Learn how to secure your account and report the theft.
|My account has activity limits.
||To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we sometimes place selling limits on accounts. If a limit was placed on your account, contact us.
Appeal your account suspension
If you want to appeal your account suspension, reply directly to the suspension notice and include any relevant information, or contact us
Frequently asked questions
Can I list vehicles while my account is suspended?
No, during a suspension, you can't list, bid, sell, or leave Feedback. When your account is reinstated
Can I or a family member open a new account while my account is suspended?
- Restore your previous active listings.
- Leave Feedback for transactions you completed within the 30 days prior to reinstatement.
No, you can't register a new account or use an existing account while your account is suspended. We may also suspend new or existing accounts that were opened by anyone in the same household as, or associated with, a suspended user.
Showroom Plus - £14.99 (ex VAT)
This is a premium version of the existing Showroom (which will remain free). As well as a different layout, you get a unique web address for your showroom and you can customise the order of the listings on your page.
Showcase Plus - £9.99 (ex VAT)
This is a "Flash" version of the existing Showcase (which will remain free). You can embed it on your personal web page, on blogs or on other sites.
Best Offer - FREE
Best Offer allows buyers to make an offer for a car that you have listed: you set an “autodecline” price to automatically screen out offers that are unacceptable, leaving you with a list of promising leads.
Using Best Offer will make you subject to feedback if offers are formally accepted through My eBay.
Video From Images - FREE
This feature automatically assembles a video from the pictures you upload. It provides a quick overview of your vehicle for potential buyers.
Price Comparison Reporting - FREE
Price Comparison Reporting allows you to compare the price of vehicles against classified ad listings from eBay Motors Pro dealers. Matching vehicles are found initially by matching year, make, model, fuel type and transmission. You can further refine the matching criteria from the detailed view page for more accurate comparisons. Some of the features included in Price Comparison Reporting are:
- Filter your inventory to display only certain vehicles
- Use distance based search to compare against dealers locally or nationally
- See all matched vehicles using in comparison
- User free text search to further refine the matching criteria
- Use VRM search to compare against matching vehicles
- Search for vehicles based on selected criteria
Gallery Plus - FREE
Gallery Plus upgrades enhance your items in one of the first places buyers see - the search results. Features of Gallery Plus are:
- It displays a larger picture, up to 400 x 400 pixels, when you hover over the item. Otherwise, your picture is shown at the standard size of 96 pixels.
- There is a magnifying glass and Enlarge link.
- If you have multiple pictures, we'll provide access to all your pictures in search results.
Website Links - FREE
Website Links allows you to include a link to your dealer website on your eBay Motors Pro classified ads. A “Visit our Website” button will appear in the contact section of your eBay Motors Pro listing on eBay.co.uk.
Picture Pack - FREE
Picture Pack is a picture package that helps give your item maximum exposure. As well as being able to add up to 20 pictures, Picture Pack lets you:
- Supersize all your pictures (up to 800w x 800h pixels–800 pixels on the longest side).
- Use the Zoom feature on the listing page.
Picture Pack restrictions and tips:
- Picture Pack is exclusively for listings using eBay picture hosting.
- The recommended size for uploaded pictures is 1000 pixels or more on the longest side.
- Your larger pictures appear in a separate window that buyers can open from the top of the listing page.
Note: Compressing your pictures with your own software before supersizing your picture for is not recommended.